Students who are still undertaking an academic program have a choice of school they attend or may study via correspondence.
The highly respected Camberwell High School is the predominant academic provider for students attending the Academy (ABA).
Located on a 3.2 hectare site, the School is approximately 12 km (7.4 miles) from Melbourne’s central business district.
Camberwell High School has an emphasis on excellence in teaching and learning. Students are proactive in their learning, self-evaluation and formal/informal feedback to staff. They have opportunities for personal growth through involvement with in-house activities, sport, camps, the Student Resource Centre, debating, peer support and other school activities.
Special Features of Camberwell High School include:
* the high quality of innovative teaching and learning, which is enhanced by the school’s success in gaining Government funding as a Leading School
* outstanding facilities and positive learning environment
* the constant demand for enrolments which exceeds places available
* feedback from parents via the DEECD (Department of Education & Early Childhood Development) Opinion Survey which consistently shows very high levels of parent satisfaction
* successful participation in state and national pilot programs in which the school has been invited to participate, including Quality Management, Middle Years Research and Development programme, Science Around the World, the Urban Camp, the Alpine School, Boys Education Lighthouse project and the International Centre of Excellence in Maths
* frequent visits from senior overseas and interstate educators sent by universities, the Department of Education, Australian Principals’ Centre, Australian Council for Educational Research, International Students Program Unit
* Valedictory and Awards Presentation functions
* formal sister-school relationship with Tianjin Experimental High School in China
* the rich cultural and sporting life of the school, including the spectacular music concerts, the House swimming and athletic sports and Arts Festival, the Senior School Arts Exhibition, the public final of House debating, and the school Production, many of which involve students, staff and parents.
* student study tours to Greece , UAE, China , Japan , Indonesia , Italy , New Caledonia , Malaysia the USA and Canada
* the provision of extension and extra support for students across the spectrum of student capabilities.
For details on the Academic Curriculum, please refer to the following: